hello and help!

Bookcorsairs from outside Italy, if you want to have a chat with us, this is the place for you! You can switch the forum language into English once you register, so come on! ;)
(Quest'area e' dedicata alla conversazione con i bookcorsari stranieri)

Moderatore: Marcello Basie

Rispondi
kittydave
Spugna

hello and help!

Messaggio da kittydave »

Hi, I am a bookcrosser in Australia, on the main site as 'crazydave'. Unfortunatly my Italian is non existant, so I may have put some strange answers in the registration for this forum!!

I wondering if there are some bookcrossers in Italy that may be able to help me.

My 16 year old daughter is presently in Italy on a one year exchange (I miss her soooooo much). Anyhow she is in a small town (Mogoro), is an avid reader and has very limited access to English books.

We have sent her some books, but postage to Italy from Australia is pricy. I was wondering if any of you bookcrossers might be able to spare some English books for her? I know that it is a big ask, but she is my baby and I would do anything for her.

If you can help me at all, please email me on david@lonsdales.com.au or showerinparadise@yahoo.com.au.

Thank you very much.

David

lizzyblack
moderatrice
Località: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, "Toujours Pur"
Contatta:

Messaggio da lizzyblack »

I'll send you my email. I guess there'll be no problem, loads of BC in Italy read in English as well! :yes!:
Liz

"If a cat could talk, he wouldn't..."
"Sono posseduto da una passione inesauribile che finora non ho potuto né voluto frenare. Non riesco a saziarmi di libri."
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Le mie letture

ImmagineVero Acquario

tostoini
Olandese Volante
Contatta:

Messaggio da tostoini »

Mogoro? Sardinia? Here I am. :mrgreen:
°se cerchi TESTUGGINE sono io,era il mio vecchio nick° °b-shelf°°blog°°la chat di bc-italy°°ml bookcrossing_sardegna°

rainbow83
Re del Mare
Contatta:

Messaggio da rainbow83 »

Dear kittydave, I've been an exchange student in the US and i've had experience of an Australian boy living at my place for a year.. :yes!:

I think the best for your doughter would be to start reading in Italian as soon as she can, even starting with children books (this is how I'got addicted to Harry Potter :P ).
Any way, I know it's a bit early in her year here (if she arrived in september) so she may want to keep reading in English for a little more time. But I think this is one of the best suggestion you can give her: the sooner she'll get accostumed to the Italian language, the easiest it will be to start awsome relations with people around her!! :D

(By the way, is she with the organization called AFS?) :wink:
IRENE
Levate l'ancora, dritta, avanti tutta. Questa è la rotta. Questa è la direzione. Questa è la decisione- La linea d'ombra. Jovanotti

"...and the darkness inside you / can make me feel so small / but I see your true colors / shining through / I see you true colors / and that's why I love you / so don't be afraid to let them show / your true colors / true colors / are beautiful like a rainbow "

My wishlist

LindyLouMac
Spugna

Hello

Messaggio da LindyLouMac »

Hi there

Would be pleased to help your daughter if I can.

Have sent you a PM, let me know if you do not get it!

LindyLouMac :D

Rispondi