NaNoWriMo novel - please help with setting (Siena, Italy)

Bookcorsairs from outside Italy, if you want to have a chat with us, this is the place for you! You can switch the forum language into English once you register, so come on! ;)
(Quest'area e' dedicata alla conversazione con i bookcorsari stranieri)

Moderatore: Marcello Basie

Rispondi
nyisutter
Spugna

NaNoWriMo novel - please help with setting (Siena, Italy)

Messaggio da nyisutter »

(Cross Post from the Italian forum at Bookcrossing. I was told the action is here!)

I hope some of you can help me. I am going to be writing a novel in November for NaNoWriMo ([inter]National Novel Writing Month). I don't have a lot of time to research it as I have to write it in 30 days! I know that I can edit later and get some of the finer details better. But I would like to at least start with some good facts!

Anyway, my book is set in Siena, Italy. And, since I have never had the privelege of going to Italy, I am at a disadvantage! It is about a 18 year old pianist (male). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in just giving me some basics about what you think I should know about Siena. What housing is like, where could he study music? Where teens hang out, etc.

Also if someone were to fly in to Tuscany and go to Siena, what would they see as they flew in and drove?

However any of you can help me would be greatly appreciated! Info doesn't just have to be about Siena, or Tuscany. Anything you want to tell me about life in Italy would be great.
Please PM if you can help. My screen name at BC is nyisutter.

For more info on NaNoWriMo, their website is http://www.nanowrimo.org.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Rispondi