I arrive in Florence in 3 weeks - and I have questions.

Bookcorsairs from outside Italy, if you want to have a chat with us, this is the place for you! You can switch the forum language into English once you register, so come on! ;)
(Quest'area e' dedicata alla conversazione con i bookcorsari stranieri)

Moderatore: Marcello Basie

liberliber
amministratrice ziaRottenmeier
Contatta:

Messaggio da liberliber »

sììììì il mercato coperto!!! Val la pena farci un giro per vederlo. Soprattutto il piano di sopra, alimentari, con una scelta di frutta secca e candita da svenimento!!! :P

ops non ho scritto in inglese... ma non saprei metà delle parole! :oops: :roll:
Ho potuto così incontrare persone e diventarne amico e questo è molto della mia fortuna (deLuca)
Amo le persone. E' la gente che non sopporto (Schulz)
Ogni volta che la gente è d'accordo con me provo la sensazione di avere torto (Wilde)
I dream popcorn (M/a)
VERA DONNA (ABSL)
Petulante tecnofila (EM)

NON SPEDITEMI NULLA SENZA AVVISARE!
Meglio mail che mp. Grazie.

-gioRgio-
moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggio da -gioRgio- »

Concerning weather and wearing, I suppose we should keep in mind that you are Canadian. What we call "cold" shouldn't impress you so much. In practice, temperature seldom falls below 0 degrees both in Florence and Venice, unless you are unlucky. In Venice it could be windy, and surely wet.
The most visited cities, like Florence, Venice and Rome, are so used to guest tourists that there is no way to escape: you will be a tourist, even if you come from 50 km away, simply because of your "I'm on holiday" face :wink: . So, be an honest tourist - and enjoy it. Your look doesn't matter: remember that we have seen something worst anyway :D
Especially in Florence, be prepared: there is not a single church, museum, whatever for which you will not be asked to pay a ticket. Last autumn we (two) had to pay 45 euros in two days just for that .
-gioRgio-

"Siediti lungo la riva del fiume e aspetta, prima o poi vedrai passare il cadavere del tuo nemico." (proverbio cinese)
"ma non e' detto che tu sarai in condizioni migliori" (gRg)

JamesMum
Spugna

Grazie, everyone!

Messaggio da JamesMum »

I appreciate all your comments and advice. My husband and I are excited about exploring part of your lovely country. I will try to release a few books at an OBCZ (if I can find one). Thanks again!

Rispondi