Florentines - I love your city!

Bookcorsairs from outside Italy, if you want to have a chat with us, this is the place for you! You can switch the forum language into English once you register, so come on! ;)
(Quest'area e' dedicata alla conversazione con i bookcorsari stranieri)

Moderatore: Marcello Basie

Rispondi
JamesMum
Spugna

Florentines - I love your city!

Messaggio da JamesMum »

What a lovely city! My husband and I had a wonderful time in Firenze, and I wanted to thank all you Italian BXers who gave us tips and advice before our trip. December was really a good time to visit Firenze - no lines at any of the museums, so we were able to stay as long as we wanted and just absorb all the beauty. It was funny to see all the tour groups crowding around the "Doors of Paradise" on the bapistry (which are copies), yet find hardly anyone in the museum of the Duomo (where the original door panels are on display). I am very glad that I did my homework before we came, so that I knew exactly where to look for things. I wonder how many visitors think the "David" in the Piazza della Signoria is the original? Anyhow, although we saw many places, we would still love to come back to visit them all again (but my husband says I need to let his feet recover first - what a baby! He didn't even climb to the top of the dome with me).

And I have a confession: I am now addicted to ribollita! How am I ever going to survive without it back here in California? It was the perfect food on those cool December evenings, and I looked forward to it every day. Even with recipes, I know I'll never be able to recapture that Tuscan flavour.

Again, many, many thanks to everyone for all your help. Ciao!

Miss Piggott
Olandese Volante

Messaggio da Miss Piggott »

Hi Jamesmum :D
I'm glad you like Firenze, it's one of my favourite cities ever...
Hope you come back to Italy to visit Roma as soon as possible, I will be glad to show you the beauties of this wonderful place :yes!:
ImmagineImmagine Immagine ImmagineImmagine
Immagine

lizzyblack
moderatrice
Località: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, "Toujours Pur"
Contatta:

Messaggio da lizzyblack »

Nice to see that you liked Florence! Have a nice rest and be back soon!! :D
Liz

"If a cat could talk, he wouldn't..."
"Sono posseduto da una passione inesauribile che finora non ho potuto né voluto frenare. Non riesco a saziarmi di libri."
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Le mie letture

ImmagineVero Acquario

Dolce
Re del Mare

Messaggio da Dolce »

Yes, Florence is beautiful, but you definitely need to come back and visit other marvellous places like Venice, Rome, Siena, Naples (you know, I'm from Naples! :D ), Taormina, and many, many others.
I'm glad you liked "ribollita". I don't like the savoy in there, but the rest of the ingredients are juuuuuust delicious!!
So if you plan to come back, just ask us BCs and we'll give you all the hints you need for your trip.
Have a nice day!
:wave:

Tallmaris
Corsaro Nero

Messaggio da Tallmaris »

You are addicted to the ribollita only because you still haven't tasted the "lampredotto"... it's a must... next saturday I'll be in Florence just for the lampredotto! :P

If you ever go to Florence again, just ask for a lampredotto sandwich ("panino con lampredotto") in a stand inside the market square... It's not the centre of Florence, but it's worth the stroll...
Tallmaris
Le persone non si capiscono, si tollerano (Tallmaris)

"Seguite i princìpi, non i maestri." (Chen Xiao Wang)

Bookcrossing: the world is your playground...

lizzyblack
moderatrice
Località: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, "Toujours Pur"
Contatta:

Messaggio da lizzyblack »

Ueee, ma qui nessuno apprezza il lavoro mio e di Babette?!? :wink: Gli avevamo spiegato tutto, eh! Anche del lampredotto!! :yes!:
Liz

"If a cat could talk, he wouldn't..."
"Sono posseduto da una passione inesauribile che finora non ho potuto né voluto frenare. Non riesco a saziarmi di libri."
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Le mie letture

ImmagineVero Acquario

Babette
Olandese Volante
Contatta:

Messaggio da Babette »

....tra l'altro si parlava dello stesso posto dentro al mercato centrale Come dire....ho dato consigli da vera fiorentina...solo un nativo locale poteva arrivarci :lol: :lol: :lol:
Un libro dovrebbe essere una sfera di luce nelle mani di chiunque (Ezra Pound)

Rispondi